If you receive SSI or SSDI benefits and want to get them 2 days earlier, you’re in the right place! This post walks you through the process to update your bank account on file with the SSA.
1. Open a Purple bank account
If you haven’t already, sign up for a Purple bank account - it takes less than 3 minutes. You can request an invite at purple.money/join
If you’ve already been approved for a Purple bank account, congratulations! You are one step closer to getting your benefits 2 days earlier.
2. Go to ‘my Social Security’
Visit ssa.gov/myaccount to sign in or create an account with the SSA. If you don’t have an account, signing up takes less than 10 minutes.
- Sign in and Select the blue Benefits & Payment Details link on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the Update Direct Deposit button, and choose if you are the owner or co-owner of the bank account.
- Enter your bank account information which can be found within our mobile banking app and select Next .
- Review and verify your banking information and select Submit then select Done .
- You can also decide when your change will take effect, by simply using the My Profile tab within my Social Security.
3. You’re all set!
Direct deposit is a simple, safe, and secure way to get benefits. A Purple bank account makes it that much better!