Set Up or Change Your Direct Deposit of SSA Benefit Payments

Taken from Palette, the Official Blog from Purple.

If you receive SSI or SSDI benefits and want to get them 2 days earlier, you’re in the right place! This post walks you through the process to update your bank account on file with the SSA.

1. Open a Purple bank account

If you haven’t already, sign up for a Purple bank account - it takes less than 3 minutes. You can request an invite at purple.money/join

If you’ve already been approved for a Purple bank account, congratulations! You are one step closer to getting your benefits 2 days earlier.

2. Go to ‘my Social Security’

Visit ssa.gov/myaccount to sign in or create an account with the SSA. If you don’t have an account, signing up takes less than 10 minutes.

1. Sign in and Select the blue Benefits & Payment Details link on the right side of the screen.
  2. Scroll down and select the Update Direct Deposit button, and choose if you are the owner or co-owner of the bank account.
  3. Enter your bank account information which can be found within our mobile banking app and select Next .
  4. Review and verify your banking information and select Submit then select Done .
  5. You can also decide when your change will take effect, by simply using the My Profile tab within my Social Security.

3. You’re all set!

Direct deposit is a simple, safe, and secure way to get benefits. A Purple bank account makes it that much better!