Here are seven ways that you can activate the strengths of your students with special needs, whether you run a full-inclusion classroom, a self-contained special ed classroom, or anything in between:
- Discover your students’ strengths.
- Provide positive role models with disabilities.
- Develop strength-based learning strategies.
- Use assistive technologies and Universal Design for Learning tools.
- Maximize the Power of your students’ social networks.
- Help students envision positive future careers.
- Create positive modifications in the learning environment.